Monday, January 27, 2014

New Earring Monday - Weeks 3 & 4

It's time once again for my New Earring Monday reveal.  This week I'm posting from Philadelphia while at the American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter Meeting.  The last four days have been filled with travel and lots and lots of meetings for me so it's a good thing that I created ahead for this post instead of waiting until the last minute as is so often the case!

I guess that I should start out by saying that while I plan on showcasing plenty of art beads in my self-directed earring challenge, I'm not limiting myself to only share earrings with artisan components.  That being said, I do want to focus on earrings that are more unusual or outside the box for me.  My overall goal is just to keep myself creating and trying new things.

So, onto the earrings!  Today's reveal is all blue.

First up is a really simple pair using some silver plated flat tags and Lilly of the Valley transfer sheets from Nunn Design.  I used UV resin over the top of things.  Since these were designed to go with some necklaces I have made, I was originally thinking of adding some blue Czech glass flowers.  I played around with several options, but decided to keep things simple.  Next time I think I'll use a tag that has connectors on both sides and dangle a flower or two from the bottom!



One version of the matching necklace.

My next pair features some unusual shaped shell beads that I got in a mixed lot from one of Andrew Thornton's destash events.  I added in some Vintaj bead caps on the top and bottom of the beads and did wrapped loops.  Simple but cute I think... and they could easily be dressed up or down.    


I'll be adding both pairs to my Etsy shop as soon as I'm home from ALA.

No comments:

Post a Comment