Friday, June 3, 2022

May 2022 Honey Do List

Good morning and happy Friday! Thanks for your patience with our slightly wonky schedule this time.  We had an amazing two week vacation filled with friends, family, fun, and food.  We got a deeper dive into Seattle, got to experience the Redwoods (including attending a wedding there!), and a good taste of the Oregon and California coasts.  Now it's back to real life and a return to routine.  Anyways... onto the business at hand... the May 2022 Honey Do List reveal!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it: 


I keep wanting to post Spring flowers or something, but Minnesota is still cold and rainy and not really green yet.  So here's one from our trip to the Inner Hebrides Islands: Iona.  This was a tiny and beautiful island with white sand and rocky beaches.  I figured you could use color, texture, or subject here in some interesting ways.  I know everyone will come up with something cool!  

This month it was all earrings all the time.  Who's shocked?  Anyone??  I thought not.  For me, this one was mostly about the gorgeous colors of the water and sky.  My first pair of earrings feature colored pewter charms by Inviciti paired with coordinating Czech glass beads on niobium ear wires.  

Next, I played with some wonderful ceramic beads from Marsha Neal Studio that I've been hoarding for quite a while.  The texture and glaze of these charms echo the rocky shore just a bit... the Picasso finish on the Czech glass too.  I really need to practice this type of wire wrapping more often and up my proficiency.  


Before we left for vacation I managed to whip up one more pair of earrings.  Regrettably, I don't know who made these charms (I picked them up in a destash.)  This time I found some cuprite and agate beads to coordinate.  


Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  Check back tomorrow to see what Eric has in store for us this month

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the inspiration! I haven't blogged in ages, and your dreamy picture was just the right nudge to get me to post again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are all so beautiful and perfect with the colors and even textures from that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured the rocky textures and that teal colour so well. Thanks for hosting the challenge and I apologise for being late to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three of these earrings, but with that inspiration, I knew I would. Anything water-related is divine! Those ceramic beads from Marsha are especially yummy. I've got something partially made for this challenge and am thankful that you have this link open for so long as I might actually get it done and posted before the link closes - maybe. I'm hoping to possible get something else done, but I've already seen this month's inspiration and am smitten with the Chihuly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three pairs are so beautiful and I love the ocean blue colors! Thank you for this inspiration! Even though it took me longer than expected, I made it to the party :)

    ReplyDelete