Monday, May 30, 2022

Humblebeads May 2022 Color Challenge


If you know me at all, you know that I always appreciate a good design challenge to keep me going and creating!  I've really been enjoying the color challenges that Heather Powers has been hosting in her Humblebeads VIP group on Facebook.  The added element for her challenge is that you must use beads (art or otherwise) that you've gotten from her.  That certainly narrows the focus when I'm pulling beads to play with each month and helps me really hone in on things quickly.

As is often the case, I had a lot of fun with earrings for this challenge!  I started with a pair of faux tin charms that I had actually "lost" for a couple of years in my Bead Cruise folder.  Oops!  But what a perfect time to find them.  :)  The colors worked great and the little flowers remind me of the phlox we used to have in one of our garden beds before it all died.  I paired them with some fun polymer clay rounds from Heather that I've had forever and a day as well as some Czech glass and copper elements for a fun pair of earrings to ring in Spring.


Next up, I grabbed a set of polymer clay discs that I had considered for the first pair of earrings and whipped up another, more monochromatic pair of earrings instead of having to put them away!  I added in some faceted Angelite rounds and funky Czech glass leaves this time.


Last, but not least, I also made a few more birdie earrings.  Technically these don't count as I didn't buy the birds from Heather, but she does sell them!  They were too fun not to share anyway.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing a few new Spring designs as we head into the start of summer this weekend!  I'll be back soon with our Honey Do List reveal and the new challenge as soon as Eric gets his photos off his memory cards.  


3 comments:

  1. I love your entries! I love that you found some lost treasures for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I I'm so happy you found the faux tin drops.

    ReplyDelete