Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Humblebeads June 2022 Color Challege


I've really been enjoying the color challenges that Heather Powers has been hosting in her Humblebeads VIP group on Facebook.  The added element for her challenge is that you must use beads (art or otherwise) that you've gotten from her.  That certainly narrows the focus when I'm pulling beads to play with each month and helps me really hone in on things quickly.

The peachy pinks of the inspiration photo aren't really in my wheelhouse design wise so I didn't have a ton of Humblebeads purchases to choose from this month.  What I did have was a bon-bon bead from forever ago (I don't even know if Heather still makes these) and some larger disc beads from a set.  

I started with a bracelet... I had the bon-bon bead out on my mat when I saw Heather's photos for her June Create a Long.  While this bracelet isn't a copy of that project by any means, they share a little DNA.  Here that is if you missed it.  She may still have kits available.  

Heather's June Create a Long project

I loved her use of the copper Woodland Leaf from Vintaj and worked that into my bracelet design.  I added a hole in its tip and used bracelet bending pliers to give it a curve to sit nicely on the wrist.  From there I made some coordinating Czech glass links and added some tiny flower dangles to a medium sized jump ring for added interest and movement.  I'm pretty happy with the end result here!


Next I decided to make a couple of pairs of earrings with some of the beads from an oversized disc bead set in my stash.  This was a harder size/shape to work with than Heather's normal discs, but I was determined to pull something together and get them out of bead purgatory!  The colors are varied, but the design idea was similar... I paired the discs up with some Czech glass beads and copper plated beads and bead caps. I added some niobium ear wires and called it good.



Before wrapping up my efforts for this month, I wanted to try to make one more piece with the remaining oversized discs.  Really, I just didn't want to have to put them away, lol.  If I use something up then that's one problem solved!  Since I was still surrounded with beads in this color palette and the things I used for the other three designs, I just kept playing around.  I ended up choosing some warm wood beads and some coordinating square pillow Czech glass beads to round out the design.  


Considering how little I had to play with this month, I'm pretty happy with this little mini-collection.  Thanks, Heather for continuing to inspire us and challenge us to create with our Humblebeads stash!


1 comment:

  1. I really love all these design and color combos, especially the earrings and bracelet with the oversize discs. I don't remember seeing those before. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete