Monday, July 4, 2016

July 2016 Inspiration for the Honey Do List

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!!  Sorry I'm running later than usual with this, but it's finally time to announce this month's Honey Do List Challenge! 

This year, my husband Eric has decided to issue me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... we're calling it the Honey Do List.  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm inviting folks to play along!  

Here is this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:  

Close ups of some of the gemstone pendants that Eric helped pick out at Bead & Button!

I'm a huge fan of the beauty to be found in nature, especially that hidden within the depths of the earth.  The random patterns of these stone pendants are a work of art unto themselves--some abstract, others more defined.  The challenge this month is to incorporate such a patterned natural stone into your jewelry!

The reveal date will be Monday, July 25th.  To make it super easy for you to participate and share your creations, I'll set up an Inlinkz link up so folks can add their blogs as they are ready.  Just stop by my blog on July 25th and join the fun!  I'll leave the link up open for a while... so you have plenty of time to add your links.  (Last month's is still open... check it out HERE.)  No blog?  No worries!  Feel free to send me a picture of your creation and some brief comments and I'll happily share in my blog post.  You can reach me at sjdesignsjewelry@gmail.com  The more the merrier, so I hope you'll play along with me this month!

 I hope that you all have a happy and safe holiday!  I'm going to go get back to work!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like another fun challenge. Man, I love that stone in the upper right, they look like falling leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the closeup pictures really show the details of the stones. I will be waiting to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous, so inspiring!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to be able to participate in at least one of these unusual inspiring challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just tickled by the whole idea of the honey do challenges. Maybe this is the one that will inspire me to participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will, Ann! I always love seeing what you come up with!

      Delete