Monday, August 25, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 33 & 34

This week I'm sharing a couple of pairs of earrings that I just made as special orders for two different people.  Both involved embossing and painting Vintaj Altered Blanks with my Big Kick machine, but I think the similarities end there.

First up is a pair that I made for a co-worker to go with a bracelet she bought from me a while back.  She's a person who is seriously into statement earrings and can pull them off.  I adapted a design that I originally learned from the Vintaj retreat I attended a few years ago.  Since she wanted BIG, I added dangles to give them more oomph.


My second pair is one that I made as part of a set for my eye doctor for a wedding.  I actually made a couple of different versions and this was the pair that she did not choose... so these little guys are still looking for a new home.  I love how bright the cobalt blue paint is (although I had my first ever mishap with the Vintaj patinas while making them and inadvertently painted part of myself and my clothing) and how the polished brass pops.


Just for fun, here is the necklace that I made for her... Now it's back to work for me!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a happy Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment