Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Art Bead Scene Challenge: August 2014

This month's inspiration art, "Indian Rug (or Red Slippers)" by Anne Redpath for the Art Bead Scene Challenge caught my eye immediately.  I think it was the pop of red mixed in with the teals and chartreuse that got my attention... that mix is one of my all time favorites.  You can read more about the art and the artist over on the ABS blog HERE.


The Indian Rug (or Red Slippers), 1942 
by Anne Redpath
I ended up choosing a great bead from Heather Powers of Humblebeads for my focal.  I love the abstract floral feeling to it and how it brings in several of the colors from the painting.  I added a mix of charms, including flowers and leaves to mimic the rug's pattern and colors, to a jump ring with some brass nuggets.  I tied on the little Czech glass flowers with a tiny bit of red waxed linen for just a tiny pop.  


Sometimes less is more, but I decided to make the necklace a little more interesting by adding some glass and gemstone links along the chain to complete the look.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your pendant from me is on the way. I had an idea that didn't pan out (that happens to me a lot!) so I went with Plan B and I like it even more! I love the pop of yellow you added to this. Very nice! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I can't wait to see what you've come up with this month...it's always a treat! Now I just have to quit hoarding all your beads and make something with them.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Please make something and then let me know! (If it is any consolation, I rarely make jewelry with my own Simple Truths and hoard them as well! No more! I am starting to break out of my hoarding ways... ;-)
      E

      Delete
  2. A beautiful necklace. I love all the different elements you used, and they get along with each other so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! So rich and yet so simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Coo! Look forward to seeing what you have stashed away and future creations!

    ReplyDelete