Monday, September 26, 2016

Honey Do List: September 2016

Sorry to be posting this so late but I've been more than a bit behind with preparations for this past weekend's big art show, the Art Wander.  In all honesty, I was a little concerned about getting anything finished for this month's Honey Do List challenge!  I had some lofty plans that didn't quite come to fruition (yet... I hope to do an update by the end of the weekend) but I am pretty happy with what I did manage to get done today.  Anyway, enough excuses, onto the main event!    

This year, my husband Eric has decided to issue me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... we're calling it the Honey Do List.  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm inviting folks to play along!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


I struggled a bit this month to find something suitable.  I've been focused more on organic and nature shots for this challenge so I figured I'd go more urban and abstract for a change!  This shot comes from the outside "patio" area of a nightclub in Nordeast Minneapolis that I discovered on a recent trip out to Indeed Brewing.  I was struck by the rusted metal with faded and overlapped spray paint.  Good luck!

I ended up choosing a pendant and earring charm set from Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati that she made for her Simple Truths Sampler Club this April.  I thought the colors and the sort of chaotic movement that she achieved in the pendant really worked for the graffiti art that Eric chose for us.  I used Czech glass and faceted, rough pyrite nuggets to pull out some of the colors in the pendant and charms.  







get the InLinkz code

5 comments:

  1. I love the choice of pendant and charms with their graffiti character. And the wire wrapped beads introduce that pop of color in the street art piece. This one was more difficult than most and having the right beads was crucial (for me, at least) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklace and earrings are perfect for the inspiration piece. I love the components that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I LOVE THIS! I am so happy that this set inspired your work. It is perfect for the inspiration (which I dearly love and should be framed!) I love the colored beads on the side. This is just brilliant, Miss Sarajo! I am a bit behind on getting some Simple Truths out the door, but I am working on them! You have given me great inspiration today. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea for the challenge! I just found your blog, I would love to participate but I don't know if I can make it until October 1st! I'm following you and subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job this month! And a great use of Erin's beads for sure.

    ReplyDelete