Monday, October 6, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 39 & 40

Sorry for the relative radio silence here lately.  I took it a little easier than normal this past week after all the craziness leading up to and through the Art Wander.  I'm going to consider last week my "vacation" between leaving my library job and starting my new full time job as a jewelry designer and creator!

Speaking of the Art Wander, it was a HUGE success for me!  I just want to say a great big thank you to everyone who came out and visited my home/studio, all those who helped me get ready, and the folks who assisted me during the event itself.  You guys are all amazing and I absolutely couldn't do this without your support!

Ok, back to the business at hand today... New Earring Monday.  I've made it this far into the year, so there's no turning back or giving up now!  

This week I'm featuring two pairs of earrings that are variations on a theme.  My sweet husband got me this fantastic set of yummy citrus colored lampwork bead pairs from Susan Kennedy of SueBeads for Christmas.  I made myself a fun pair of simply dangle earrings with one set a while ago.  I figured since I get compliments on them every time I wear them, that it just made good sense to whip up two more pairs using the remaining beads from the set.  So, here they are!



Like I said, super simple.  I just used some little sterling saucer beads and balled sterling headpins to wire wrap Susan's yummy lampwork and popped them onto large arched ear wires from Nunn Design.  Voila!  


No comments:

Post a Comment