Monday, February 24, 2014

New Earring Monday - Weeks 7 & 8

It's new earring time again!  This week I've done two variations on a theme.  Both are big dangle earrings in brass built around the Vintaj Gypsy Drop piece.  Here we go!

First up is a pair that I kept really simple.  I made little dangles out of Lapis and brass rounds and left it alone.  I made these to go with the necklace I made for the AJE Component of the Month reveal in January.  If you missed it, you can see that post HERE.



I got a tiny bit fancier with my second pair.  Inspired by the "Frosted Forest" theme over on the Vintaj website (click HERE to see what I mean), I decided to frost the drops with a pale pink to match the little lampwork beads that I got as a thank you from The Spacer Bead Shop.  Instead of using the white patina, I frosted with a mix of the Quartz and Ruby. I tried just the lighter pink Quartz at first, but it is such a pale pink that when I wiped it away it just looked white.  I tried again mixing in the darker, pinker Ruby and got a much better effect.



These are both now available in my Etsy shop HERE.


1 comment: