Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sj Designs Jewelry Etsy Shop Opening

For some reason, I've had a big mental block about actually sitting down and getting my Etsy shop up and running.  There just seemed to be so many little details...so many decisions I'd have to make.  Not to mention that I'd need good photos that accurately represent my work.  I think that I had psyched myself out for a while.

Needing to get ready for the Artsy Market sale meant that I needed business cards...and needing business cards (and not wanting to have to order new ones right away) meant that I needed to get over my fears and get that shop open!

So, drumroll please, I'm proud to announce that Sj Designs Jewelry is officially open for business online!

You can check it out at www.etsy.com/shop/SjDesignsJewelry

I know it's not perfect, but I have to get over my weird desire for perfection because it doesn't actually exist.  We can always strive to do better, to learn more, to adapt.  I hope that I'm able to do just that.  I'm sure that with time and experience my shop will evolve and change...hopefully for the better!  If any of you have any feedback or advice on that front, I would love to hear it.

I will be adding more items to my shop after the Artsy Market this weekend.  How much will depend on how well I do on Saturday and what I have left!


A big thanks goes to my husband for lending me his photography skills, listening patiently to me babble about all things jewelry, being my design consultant (often aided by our cat Freya), acting as text editor, and always just helping me work things out.  I'm so lucky to have such a supportive spouse who always has my back in whatever crazy venture I take on!

I also have to thank my mother in law, Heddy, who helped me make a much better banner than the one I had cobbled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment