Wednesday, November 23, 2022

November 2022 Honey Do List

Oh my gosh y'all... Life has been busy and complicated as of late and I totally forgot that I set the reveal for this week instead of next.  Ooops!!!  Sorry about that!

Anyway, 2022 marks the seventh year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  (Y'all, time really does fly!!)  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:   


I meant to have this one for the spooky month of October...but I figure that what's spookier than November, when "winter is coming."  I spent some time on the coast of Seattle trying to get a good shot of this hopping crow, but with the light changing and the bugger continuously moving I struggled to get a good shot.  However, this "fail" ended up looking very moody and cool, especially when I enhanced it a bit.

I had several great crow related focals that I hoped to use this month...  As I was getting started, a very cool enameled crow pendant from Gardanne just cawed for me to make something with it first!  The colors in the pendant made me pull out my box of yellow beads where I found a great jumping off point for my design.  I had some ivory Mercury finished Czech glass, some fun vintage yellow glass beads, plus some India glass.  Some other fun shaped glass beads that almost look like smoky quartz round things out.  I couldn't be happier with how this one came together.  


Not really directly related to the crow or Eric's photo, but I found two teardrop shaped India glass beads that coordinated with the necklace beads... so of course I had to whip up some earrings!  I cut some discs from a fun golden embossed piece of tin in my stash.  These practically made themselves.  


I totally have three other projects in various stages of completion on my bead table right now, but since I convinced myself that I had more time, I worked on some other projects first.  Hopefully I can still finish at least the one that is the furtherest along to add to this post over the holiday.  Fingers crossed!

Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  Check back on November 1st to see what Eric dreams up for us next!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. The necklace is great, but I have to admit that it's the earrings that really speak to me. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete