Monday, January 31, 2022

January 2022 Honey Do List

2022 marks the seventh year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  (Y'all, time really does fly!!)  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


Sorry we dropped off on challenges there at the end of 2021, but I've been taking more pictures and feeling more motivated already this year! This month's challenge is a cool ice sculpture from the MN Landscape Arboretum's Winter Lights display.  They did a special photographer only night that Sarajo got me into, which let us take tripods in and get high quality pictures.  I thought the juxtaposition of winter and ice along with butterflies and flowers was a pretty evocative challenge piece!  Good luck this month and get making!

So... somehow I imagined that I still had a few days to work on things for this month... oops!!!  I've apparently been in a time warp.  So, a bit late, but I have managed to make a pair of earrings.  Not amazingly impressive, but there you go!

I had cut a bunch of shapes from a variety of cookie tins and such right after Christmas... including sets of three to make some cascading earrings.  I got out my Vintaj BigKick and my embossing folders and proceeded to use a butterfly and flower patterned one to give texture to the discs.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but I dapped all the discs into a concave shape then linked them together with jump rings.  The circles remind me of the frozen globe from Eric's photo.  The while the main colors in the picture are pink and purple, there is some red in the suspended flowers and such inside... thus the red discs.  These are super duper lightweight and have great movement!


I still have a glorious pendant from Slate Studios Supply and a nice selection of beads to go with it on my bead table.  Hopefully I'll get something pulled together in the next couple of days.  Here's a sneak peek for you though!




Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  Check back soon to see what Eric has in store for us this month!  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. LOVE what you've made and have selected for this one! That pendant is perfect and those blue beads are swoon-worthy. And, you know I love me some tin. Those came out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an unorthodox approach to creating and this is what the earrings are about :) But it's also hard to resist such a great combo that you have assembled for the necklace, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete