Monday, June 22, 2020

Honey Do List June 2020

Good Monday morning to all my beady friends!  I hope that you all had a lovely weekend... we sure did.  Lots of cooking, creativity, board games, and just relaxing.  For once I didn't leave my Honey Do List projects to the very last second, so that helped!!

2020 marks the fifth year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... it's the Honey Do List 2020!  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:



I struggled a little picking a photo for this month, but ended up deciding on this one.  While not incredibly colorful, I like all the icons and symbols present on this amazing bronze door in Prague.  Good luck on this one!  I promise some color next month!

Even though there isn't really color to speak of in Eric's inspiration photo, there were a lot of thematic possibilities.  The first thing that jumped out at me were the Comedy and Tragedy masks at the top of the doors.  I immediately thought of some vintage brass stampings that I picked up at last fall's Inspired by Nature Retreat when we did a giveaway table.  For some reason I have a ton of the comedy ones, but only one tragedy... so I'm not sure what I'll do with the others.  At least I had a set perfect for earrings!  I didn't buy them for these earrings, but I just happened to pick up these really cool West German resin beads at the perfect time.  I added gold plated spacer beads and raw brass ear wires to complete this look perfect for any thespian!  



A lot of my time went into this next piece.  My sweet friend Alexa had gifted me an amazing polymer clay cabochon by Sherri Kellberg of Beadazzle Me last July in hopes of getting me excited about doing more bead embroidery.  It took me a little bit, but after the Bead Cruise this year I was finally hooked!  With the kitty sitting in the left bottom corner of the doors and the metallic patinated look of the cat face, I felt like this was a good time to tackle this fun piece!  I decided to try something new with this one due to it's size... I learned how to add a pin back underneath the Ultra Suede backing.  


Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too!  Check back on July 1st to see what Eric has in store for us next month! 
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


5 comments:

  1. I know this one didn't speak to you right away but you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to giggle because it was the masks that caught both of our eyes first! And, now that I see your earrings, I think I actually have some mask charms in my stash somewhere. (They're pretty awful though and would have to be altered somehow.) While your earrings are great, it's that bead embroidered kitty that steals the show in this post! I have to admit that I don't think I even noticed the cat when I looked at this photo before. There's so much going on in it. I can't wait to see how else you use this new skill. Thanks once again for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your mask earrings. I can imagine a theater patron wearing them wearing them to a show launch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those earrings. The components are not only perfect for the inspiration but perfect together. I'm really enjoying you bead embroidery as well. I love all the texture on this one.

    ReplyDelete