Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Art Bead Scene: August 2017 Take Two

I wasn't sure that I'd have time to make the second design that I had percolating in my brain for this month's Art Bead Scene challenge... but I had some time to kill yesterday and managed to pull it off!  As a reminder, this month's artwork is an illustration by Kay Nielsen from a book called Twelve Dancing Princesses and Other Fairy Tales. 

Twelve Princesses on the Way to the Dance
Kay Nielsen
Published in 1923
Watercolor and ink

When I was pulling beads for my first design for the ABS this month (you can see that one HERE if you missed it) I stumbled on a pair of Patricia Healey copper flower charms that I had picked up in one of Andrew Thornton's de-stash events.  Unlike the pair that I used earlier in the year, this pair had some darker areas on the flowers which lent themselves to the inspiration artwork's darker tones.  I wanted to play with the long lines of the trees and some of the delicate details of the illustration.  To achieve that, I used some fine copper plated chain and added a metal leaf charm and a Czech glass leaf that I wire wrapped with some small metallic copper/peach seed beads. 


Ok, that's it for me today!  Short and sweet for once.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty! And with those dangles, the earrings will "dance", just like the princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color on the blooms is fantastic! Well done! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete