Sunday, July 30, 2017

Art Bead Scene: July 2017 Take Two

I managed to create a second piece of jewelry inspired by this month's Art Bead Scene challenge, the lush jungle scene by artist Henri Rousseau entitled Tiger in a Tropical Storm.    You can read more about the artwork and the artist over on the ABS blog HERE.  If you missed it, you can see the necklace I made earlier in the month HERE.

Tiger in a Tropical Storm
Henri Rousseau
1891
Oil Painting
I had a fun pair of fern patterned ceramic tiles by the talented Mary Harding that I liked for this challenge.  They reminded me of the leaves that are right in front of the tiger in the painting and even have a tinge of orange to them.  I did a little bit of wire wrapping with some green matte banded agate and Czech glass beads.  


I had another earring idea percolating in the back of my brain that I didn't quite get around to making.  As much as we've had on our calendar (I was out of town 12 days this month!) I'm shocked that I even got this pair finished.  I'm guessing I'll be keeping up the same frantic pace through the end of September when my big art show is done.

6 comments:

  1. Sarajo, I love the earrings you made with my charms. They are so perfect for this month's challenge. Great beads and wire wrapping that you included with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mary Harding charms are perfect! Great earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them SJ!! The charms are amazing! I'm laughing though...I'm usually the one posting on the last day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those beads you must have a boat load to pick from! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaf pattern on the Mary Harding charms are perfect for this months challenge! Nicely complemented by the beads you selected for your earrings.

    ReplyDelete