Friday, November 21, 2014

We're All Ears: November 2014

For this month's inspiration for the We're All Ears challenge on the Earrings Everyday blog, Erin Prais-Hintz went in a different, out of the box direction.  This month she chose a magical animated short.  She pulled together a collage of stills from the short but you can see the whole thing HERE.


It took me a little while to come up with the kernel of an idea for this challenge.  Sometimes things just pop right into my brain, and other times I have to sit on it for a bit before I can get started.  One of the most effective ways I have found to get the creative juices flowing is to open my cabinet of art bead goodness and see if something jumps out at me.  It worked for me this time for sure!

I immediately focused in on a set of HumbleBeads disc beads that I bought from Heather Powers in a recent de-stash sale.  There was a lot of streaky white mixed in with muted colors in this set and they reminded me of the dreamy mist and the cloud like creature.


I decided to go with the greenish pair because of the foliage you see in the clip (it's not prominent in Erin's collage) but I think any of them could have worked.  I took some little Vintaj altered blank rectangular tags and hammered them to give a rustic texture to mimic the rocks as well as the colors in the girl's outfit.


Please head on over to the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made this month!


13 comments:

  1. I think Heather's beads are perfect for the mist-filled woods! (Actually, I think that Heather's beads are perfect for anything that I design!) So much to choose from this month in the inspiration. Glad you enjoyed it Thank you so much for bringing this inspiration to life, Miss Sarajo! I hope you will join me on December 5th for the next We're All Ears inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the muted tones of the beads, the earrings reflect the tones of Nebula very well., So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cool! Your earrings are a perfect interpretation for this challenge. With so many things to draw from..Heather's beads were an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textures in your design, the hammered metal against the smooth beads (which are gorgeous), lovely earrings xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool beads! Loving the textured components! You've done a great job for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed hearing about your process. Letting art beads speak to you is smart. Lovely beads such as these speak volumes! You chose the perfect beds to reflect both the mist and the foliage. The textured blanks provide perfect balance and proportion. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful earrings! Ilove the earthy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings. And I loved reading about how the components relate to the images in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those beads are perfect and what a lovely pair of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to combine two elements in this film, Sarajo. Love the misty swirls of Heather's beads with your textured metal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful interpretation! The beads are so perfect for this! And the metal charms are too - with the hammered design! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather's beads are perfection and I like the charms too, wonderful to combine them for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm finally getting to hop around now that I'm back from a trip to see my mom and I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else made. I just love this monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete