Sunday, May 26, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Weeks 19 & 20

First off, happy Memorial Day!  I hope that everyone is enjoying a happy and safe holiday weekend.  I'm getting this posted a little later than usual since Eric and I have been out of town for the weekend.  Much more about that will appear here and on my hubby's beer blog, JABlog soon.

It's time for another installment of the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge!  This week I focused on artisan beads made by other artists instead of my hand painted pieces.  I'm trying to mix it up!

First up are my Denim Dreams earrings featuring porcelain discs by Marsha Neal.  I love the denim blue and brown glazes she used and the little swirly raised pattern!  I paired them with brass findings from Vintaj, gorgeous Czech glass from Lima Beads (really, the pictures do not do those beads justice!), and small spacer beads from TierraCast.

Week 19

Next, I've got a pair with some cute little polka-dotted lampwork beads from Tanya McGuire.  They look like candy to me!  I kept it pretty simple and just added some small Swarovski crystals and wire wrapped them on copper headpins.  I hung the bead units off of some new copper-plated arched earwires from Nunn Design.  I love turquoise and copper (ok, I'm also a fan of turquoise and sterling silver, but copper is far more economical these days!) and think these just feel like summer.  Simple, quick, and cute!

Week 20

One pair is up in my Etsy shop and the other will be as soon as it's bright enough for me to take some better pictures.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. What cheerful designs, Sarajo... thanks for sharing the work of some great artisans!

    ReplyDelete