Monday, July 14, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 27 & 28

Ok, I'm back on track timing wise for my New Earrings Monday posts this week.  This week is once again a case of variations on a theme.  This time, the results stem from me trying to decide on earrings to go with my necklace from last month's Art Bead Scene.  Here's a picture of the focal, but you can read the whole post and see the inspiration artwork HERE.


I figured it made sense to use more of the spacer beads that Kerri Fuhr sent along with her gorgeous focal and accent beads as a starting point.  The first pair I made used some of the black lampwork spacers and little Czech glass rondelles in pale green.


I liked the first pair just fine, but I wasn't sure they had enough oomph to stand up to the necklace... thus pair number two.  This time I used pale green spacers and some faceted black Czech glass beads that were a bit larger.


I might actually prefer the first pair on its own, but to go with the necklace I think I have to vote for pair number two.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment