Monday, July 7, 2014

New Earring Monday: Weeks 25 & 26

Boy is this year just flying past!  I can't believe that it's July and my 40th birthday is just around the corner.  Gulp.  Due to lack of reliable internet access while I was traveling this post is going live a week later than intended...but I did make the earrings on time so I'm considering myself still going strong with my personal earring challenge!

For this installment of New Earring Monday, I decided to revisit a design that I first tried out last year for the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge (week 40 to be exact).  I embossed two sets of Vintaj altered blank circles (one set in brass and the other in Arte Metal) with the Celtic Weave DecoEmboss Die, sanded them to get the highlights, and dapped them into a convex shape.  I added extra holes along the bottoms of the circles to allow for fun crystal dangles on both pairs.  Unlike my first version, I decided to leave them unpainted and just play with the two tones of the metal for the design.





2 comments:

  1. Love this earring design. I like how they look in both metals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I need to play with my big shot, seriously!!

    ReplyDelete