Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Artisans Create Together Inspiration Challenge: March 2017

I realized that it's been quite a while since I've played along with the Artisans Create Together color challenge.  I'm getting back on track this month with this delicious, candy colored palette!  I'm not usually all about the pastels, but there's enough turquoise in the collection of inspiration pictures to keep me happy! 


Right around the time that the March color palettes were unveiled, I got a couple of sets of Joan Miller porcelain dragonfly wings.  (At least they look like dragonfly wings to me!)  One of the pairs was a perfect combination of pinks, turquoise, and palest green with a tiny bit of silver thrown in.  I knew that I had to create something for the challenge with these little beauties!  But what to pair with them??

It took a lot of digging in my bead stash and playing with different bead combinations, but I'm a little bit in love with the end result!  I stacked rose quartz rondelles, lovely matte aqua colored Czech glass flowers, silver plated leafy bead caps, crystal rhinestones in AB peridot, and small Czech glass rondelles all together as a unit connected to the wings.  I feel like these earrings would be fitting for a fairy!


Not strictly inspired by the inspiration color palette, I decided to go ahead and make a second pair of earrings with the other set of wings that I snagged from Joan Miller.  These make me think of Easter candy!


I feel like I should have managed more than just a pair of earrings for this month's challenge but other projects have kept me super busy.  At least I managed to use these cute wings instead of letting my new lovelies languish in eternal art bead limbo!  I hope you all are having a wonderful and creative week!

2 comments:

  1. Both pairs are super lovely Sarajo. Love those Spring colors and you gave them a great setting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete