Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Art Bead Scene: March 2017

The inspiration for this month's Art Bead Scene challenge is Armed Birds Nest in Acacia Bush, Chile by Marianne North.  Marianne North was a remarkable Victorian artist who travelled the globe in order to satisfy her passion for recording the world's flora with her paintbrush. The scientific accuracy with which she documented plant life in all parts of the world, before photography became a practical option, gives her work a permanent value.  You can read more about the artwork and the artist on the ABS blog HERE.

Armed Bird's Nest in Acacia Bush, Chile
Marianne North
1870
Oil On Paper
Even though yellow really isn't one of my favorite colors to design with, this is actually one of my favorite pieces for the 2017 challenges.  Moreover, I wouldn't have really thought about combining the goldenrod yellow with the purple blue tones... but somehow it works!

The first things that caught my eye when I was looking through my art beads were a pair of mustard yellow silk wrapped links from SagaHus Components.  I made dangles with some purple Humblebeads discs and topaz colored Czech glass flowers.  I'm really loving how these turned out!


Next up, I strung a necklace with a lovely pendant from Humblebeads.  The flowering tree on the pendant could surely be the same as the one from the painting!  The background of the pendant is more blue than purple so I chose some faceted chalcedony and blue vintage German glass to pull out those tones.  The oblong gold colored glass is also vintage German with some small Czech glass rondelles and pretty Picasso finished seed beads.


Last but not least, I made another pair of earrings with some components from The Classic Bead that I've had forever.  I finally got brave enough to play with the wire wrapping to make these work.  I had a couple of larger sized pale purple Czech glass flowers left over from a long-ago project that I paired with some smaller tan and rose toned flowers dangling from chain.


Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to!  Enjoy your week!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, SJ! You nailed it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully interpreted! love what you have made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all came together so well! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces Sarajo! I especially love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were brave and did the wire-wrapping - those earrings look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklaces is such a beautiful derivation of the painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pieces pair perfectly with the painting! I especially love the bright mustard in that first pair of earrings. But, they're all quite lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you draw out the best colors from the theme each month. This necklace is no exception! The translucent blue chalcedony are a perfect reminder of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each piece is very beautiful! Love the pendant and faceted chalcedony beads! They're perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete