Friday, April 19, 2019

We're All Ears: April 2019: Wanderlust

This month for the We're All Ears challenge over on the Earrings Everyday blog, Erin encouraged us to create earrings inspired by travel.  This was a broad net as it could be about the act of traveling or inspiration of a particular destination.  I love this as an idea!


Feeling a bit crunched for time between some other projects, moving my jewelry into Unearthed Arts' new gallery space, and some real life travel I wasn't sure if I'd manage to get anything made for this challenge.  I only made one pair of earrings, but I'm still considering that a win this month!  I had some other ideas but just couldn't get my act together.

I made a new variation of a pair of earrings that I made awhile back.  I'd actually forgotten about that design until I was moving my earring display into the new building and shifting things around.  I curled the pokey bits on some fun compass themed Decorivets from Vintaj and used those resulting loops to attach the moonstone teardrops and the ear wires.  I'm still sad that Vintaj discontinued their Arte Metal line... I love how you can bring out the silver underneath with a little buffing for an fun look. 


Stop by the Earrings Everyday blog HERE to see what everyone else was inspired to make this month!  Have a great weekend.  I'm off to the bead table to finish up some things to share with you all next week!


7 comments:

  1. Very elegant design that could go with so many styles. I too am sad about the Arte Metal line as it's the perfect matte black imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant. I love that the design is kept simple. Perhaps if lots of people complain, Vintaj will start selling the Arte Metal line again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classic looking pair of earrings. The Arte metal charms look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job carrying the theme out by using the compasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful in their simplicity! Yes, I loved the Arte Metal too and hate that they discontinued it. What a shame. Anyway, lovely job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I loved those Arte Metal pieces, too, especially this one! These are elegant with an old-world feeling. I love them! Thanks for joining me in the We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete