Monday, April 30, 2018

Artisans Create Together April 2018 Inspiration Challenge ~ Showers & Flowers

I know that the saying is "April showers bring May flowers," but so far in Minnesota we've only had snow showers.  Actually, more than just showers... we got a good 6-8 inches at my house April 2nd and 3rd followed by super cold temps.  Brrrrr!  Things are looking much better this week but it's still going to be a while before things are in full bloom.  For now, I'll have to content myself with some blooming jewelry designs for this month's Artisans Create Together inspiration challenge.


First up, a pair that features some raindrop blue flowers!  I paired some adorable blue and white floral rounds from Golem Design Studio with coordinating Czech glass flowers.  I'm really digging these glass flowers that are a bit bigger than the "normal" size you tend to see... that or the super tiny ones that I used in the next pair.     


Next up, I played with some adorable leaf and flower charms from my friends at Green Girl Studios.  I had a hard time deciding between some bolder red and black Czech glass flowers and the pale blue and bronzed wisteria beads that ended up winning.  These are pretty long, but fairly lightweight. 


This next pair features a pair of earring charms that I started last October at Heather Powers' Inspired by Nature Fall Retreat and finally put the finishing touches on last month.  Once again, I chose some coordinating Czech glass beads to go with the little charms.


And last, but not least, I managed to pull together one last pair!  Finally a little bright color for you, right??  I snatched these fun flower charms up from Heather Powers of Humblebeads on the Bead Cruise a couple of weeks ago (along with a lot of other fun things!). 


I hope you're seeing more flowers than showers where ever you are!!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, as are all I might add! I'm going to accept your challenge this month and see where it goes. Thx for the opportunity.
    Alysen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspiration is indeed inspiring and you just took off with it. Love all the color and romantic floral accents you were able to combine into beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete