Monday, June 6, 2016

Art Bead Scene: June 2016

This month's Art Bead Scene inspiration is a lovely magazine cover from 1896.  You can read a bit more about the artwork and the artist on the ABS blog HERE.  I love the mix of colors at play here!
"Literary Poster for the Century Magazine", 1896
by John Louis Rhead
I have often complained about my lack of yellow in my art bead stash... so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find anything suitable to join in this challenge.  (You may not know this, but it is a very rare thing for me to actually shop for this or other challenges... I'm pretty determined to make use of what I already own.)  Luckily, I came across these cute floral porcelain charms from Round Rabbit that were just the thing I needed!  They have a great mix of tangerine and teal that was perfect for the color palette.   


Not quite in the right color combo, I went ahead and whipped up a second, similar pair in teal and purple to clear out a section in my art bead storage cabinet.  I love the vintage feel of both pairs of charms... an effect heightened by the use of the brass components.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a great week!  I'll be busy planning (and checking my bank balance!) for my first trip to Bead & Button this weekend.  I'm sure that I'll find plenty of new beads to fill the gaps in my art bead stash.  I'll keep you posted!  

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and they reflect the colors perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These earrings are wonderful. Have a great time at Bead & Button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful earrings I love those drops. good luck at bead and Button. I have never been there. Like you I have next to nothing in the way of cash so this year I will try not to buy any beads or tools this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings and I think they are the perfect colors for this month's palette. Wish I was going to be there with you at Bead & Button. Have a GREAT TIME! Say hello to everyone for me! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara they are beautiful, cute and perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it!! They could have been part of the poster. So happy. I would wear these in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made such pretty happy earrings, the porcelain charms are perfect

    ReplyDelete