Thursday, March 21, 2013

Resin Update

I spent a good portion of my day off this week working on turning those resin-filled and covered pendants into full-fledged jewelry.  I haven't finished with all of them, but I thought I'd go ahead and show you what I've made so far.

I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out...take a look.  I will try to get these up on my Etsy site soon (along with more pics of each necklace).



The honey bee necklace below is my favorite of the bunch.  It was also the most work from start to finish!  The little dangle hanging off the pendant is a piece of aquamarine that I wire wrapped.  It's the first time that I tried wrapping the wire over the top of the bead and only the second time I've attempted a spiral swirl.  These are some of the best looking and most consistent loops that I've made in a long time (I know I'm way more critical of my work than anyone else will ever be!).  I guess practice really does make perfect!



I had an odd little moment while working on the bee necklace.  I realized that all of the glass and the aquamarine were all from some of my very early jewelry projects.  In fact, the amber colored glass and aquamarine were both from the project that taught me how to make decent simple loops in the first place.  It was a necklace adapted from a design idea from Fire Mountain Gems, and I made it way back in 2009.  You can see the inspiration design HERE.  I still wear that necklace (although the sterling silver jump rings are in serious need of polishing at the moment) and it just seemed kind of neat that some of its leftovers were joining up in this new design so many years later.  

I think that this isn't too shabby for a day's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment