Monday, March 25, 2024

March 2024 Honey Do List

2024 marks the ninth year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!  Thanks to all of you who have participated over the years... it means a lot to both of us!

Lately no one has been playing along with us, but we will continue on since I enjoy having the inspiration to make something each month.


This month's inspiration is from the pearl factory in the Czech Republic that we visited last fall.  I loved the colorful metallics here and the drips were really interesting.  I only wish they had offered some for sale at the factory...Sarajo would have bought a bunch! 

Well, I had grand plans this month but the Bead Cruise fun sort of got in the way of my productivity!  I still plan to make some little cascading pearl earrings with a mix of pearls from this factory tour and some coordinating Swarovski pearls for the Lowertown St. Paul Art Crawl in April.

But how about I talk about what I did finish?  I was determined to make a special bead embroidered necklace for the costume party on the Bead Cruise.  Luckily for me, I had a polymer clay cabochon made by Kimberly Cherwaty that was a gift on the cruise two years ago.  It was perfect for my flapper dress with a green beaded and sequined peacock on it.  

The majority of the beads that I used in this piece came from our trip to the Czech Republic....  Mixed metallic size 10s from Matubo, two different sized green pearls from the glass pearl factory, and copper colored O beads from Rutkovsky.  Oh, and the laser etched daggers were from the trip too!  I don't have a good picture of it yet, but I used some gorgeous leather from Kinga Bledsoe for the backing.  


Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  Not ready yet?  No problem, I'll leave the link up open until late next month.  Check back on April 1st to see what Eric has in store for us next!  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment