Monday, April 24, 2023

April 2023 Honey Do List

2023 marks the eighth year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  (Y'all, time really does fly!!)  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:   


For April Showers (or blizzards if you live in Minnesota,) here is a shot of some amazing umbrellas from the port of Puerta Vallarta from our recent Bead Cruise.  I got a lot of colorful pictures on this trip suitable for Spring, since Minnesota is still covered in layers of ice and snow.  Good luck and happy inspiration everyone!

As much as this picture totally brings my heart joy, I wasn't initially sure how I was going to approach this month's design challenge.  And then Diane Hawkey had a Facebook show with the most adorable umbrella charms!  While this defeats the point of using my stash... I couldn't resist!  Read on and I'm sure you'll agree.  

This month was another busy one for us so I was a bit worried about my timeline for creating for the challenge.  Truth be told, I waited until the very last minute to get something done... both my pieces were made just yesterday.  I've always worked better under pressure!  

Anyway, with the time crunch, I started with a pair of earrings to make sure that I had at least one completed piece.  I whipped up a bright and whimsical pair of earrings with a pair of Diane's umbrella charms paired with moon glow lucite and Czech glass.  I think the colors here really work well with Eric's inspiration photo.


Next up, a necklace!  Diane's umbrella pendant is just so bright and joyful... even on a rainy day, I think I'd be happy if I was wearing all this vibrant color.  All the beads are Czech glass except for the dark blue rounds which are ceramic.  The pendant is pretty light weight so I may need to wear this one to see if I need to add a bead above the umbrella to add more physical weight.... To be determined! 


Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  Check back on May 1st to see what Eric dreams up for us next!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. How great that you found those umbrellas! I know what you mean about something not being the right weight to lay the way you want. I think that's part of the fun of making our own jewelry, you get to experiment with how things work together like that. Anyway, I hope it does all work out. I've just finished my design for this month's beautiful inspiration and should have a link to share with you tomorrow!! Thanks as always for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete