Monday, August 29, 2022

August 2022 Honey Do List

2022 marks the seventh year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  (Y'all, time really does fly!!)  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:   


Within the dwarfing enormity of the redwood forest, one can find the tiniest of life.  I discovered this little mushroom nestled in the moss below these ancient giants and felt it deserved some screen time.  Good luck with the inspiration this month!

As much as I wanted to play with mushrooms for this challenge, everything I had in my stash was more of the red and white variety.  I just wasn't feeling that was where I wanted to go.  Instead I focused on the mossy greens of the moss and the cream of the mushroom in the photo.

First up, I pulled out the heavy duty memory wire, leather, and some Burma Jade gemstone rounds.  To pull out the darker tones of the moss, I looked to my Czech glass melons, with some Picasso finished Czech glass rounds that fell in between the two in color.  I happened to have a little polymer clay charm from Humblebeads to decorate one of the bracelet ends.


Gemstones really felt like a no brainer for this month's photo inspiration!  What better to represent the beauty of the natural world, than a gorgeous pair of matched gemstones??  I had these rainforest rhyolite in my stash for a while... I even think Eric helped me pick them out once upon a time.  I paired them with some Humblebeads polymer clay wobble beads and creamy Mercury finish Czech glass beads.  


Now it's your turn!  Please add links to/photos of your own creations below.  I love seeing what everyone else is making too.  We'll be taking September off since I've got two three day studio tours back to back.  Check back in early October to see what Eric has in store for us next!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love these challenges. Here is a link yo my YouTube video on this https://youtu.be/Hq1kIqWaB8Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dangles you picked for the earrings have a fantastic pattern! The bracelet combo speaks of the forest to me, too :) I'm glad I made it to the party, even if mid-September :)

    ReplyDelete