Friday, January 7, 2022

Inspiration for the January 2022 Honey Do List

Happy Belated New Year my friends.  Sorry for the radio silence over here as well as the lack of new Honey Do List challenges.  We seriously went into hibernation over the holidays.  I'm hoping after some much needed down time to feel more energized as we get 2022 underway!  I hope you all had happy, healthy, peaceful holidays as well.

2022 marks the seventh year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... The Honey Do List!  (Y'all, time really does fly!!)  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


Sorry we dropped off on challenges there at the end of 2021, but I've been taking more pictures and feeling more motivated already this year! This month's challenge is a cool ice sculpture from the MN Landscape Arboretum's Winter Lights display.  They did a special photographer only night that Sarajo got me into, which let us take tripods in and get high quality pictures.  I thought the juxtaposition of winter and ice along with butterflies and flowers was a pretty evocative challenge piece!  Good luck this month and get making!

The reveal date will be Friday, January 28th.  To make it super easy for you to participate and share your creations, I'll set up an Inlinkz link up so folks can add their blogs or links as they are ready.  Just stop by my blog starting on January 28th and join the fun!  I'll leave the link up open for a while... so you have plenty of time to add your links.  No blog?  No worries!  Feel free to send me a picture of your creation and some brief comments and I'll happily share in my blog post.  You can reach me at sjdesignsjewelry@gmail.com  The more the merrier, so I hope you'll play along with me this month

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear y'all are back after some hibernation. I hope it was a good rest. As for this inspiration...it's so ethereal and fantastical! I'll have to think on it. I hope I can collect a few things as I've broken my leg and am still having a time trying to get around (especially in my cramped craft room). But, you know I love a good challenge 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarajo, I couldnt find the post with the link up. Should I email you the link to my post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I totally lost a week. Just posted the link up and will get my design finished ASAP!

      Delete