Friday, September 20, 2019

We're All Ears September 2019: Dotty


Dots, Dots, Dots!  This month's We're All Ears challenge is all about the mighty polka dot!  I didn't have a ton of extra time to play, but I did manage to whip up three pairs of earrings this month.  I grabbed a few pairs of spotted art beads and sat down to play last Saturday.  These will be for sale at the Art Wander Studio Tour at the end of the month.

First up, I finally played with some lampwork beads by local artist Jeff Barber that I've had for a while.  I loved the bright turquoise dots against the frosted clear/grey glass.  There's also a couple of black dots amidst the stringer work at the bottom of the beads.


I have a tendency to buy pretty much every earring sized bead that Golem Design Studio makes, so of course I had a couple with polka dots to play with!  These two are variations on a theme that I've done before with other beads from Golem.  I really like to let the ceramic pretties shine!  I just added a metal bead at the top and bottom then topped it off with a wrapped loop.  I then used size 11 seed beads and 26 gauge wire to embellish the arched ear wires.  Easy peasy!



This is a blog hop.  I hope you'll check out what everyone else was inspired to make over on the Earrings Everyday Blog HERE.  Have a fabulous weekend!  I'll be busy with a final push of shop prep for Art Wander!


5 comments:

  1. Your design is wonderful. I love the beads on the ear wires. I think it really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dot earrings are fabulous! I love that you let the Golem beads shine, but the accents you added to the ear wires are perfect for just a little interest. Oh, and that lampwork bead pair - wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, you've really made dots the star of all your earrings! Gorgeous! I too love the little beaded embellishments on the ear wires that you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the accented ear wires too. And the first pair is so elegant. I'm a big fan of the long kidney wires. I had my post all ready, then totally forgot to publish it until I saw yours, so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love those lampwork beads. Very special indeed! Thanks for playing along with me! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete