Monday, November 26, 2018

Honey Do List November 2018

Wow!  I don't know about you, but the time sort of got away from me this month between Thanksgiving and preparations for my first brewery show of the holiday season.  That's why I'm getting this posted a bit later in the day than I had hoped.  

This marks the third year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... it's the Honey Do List 2018!  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!  

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


I wanted to use a shot from our trip to the Czech Republic for this month's challenge.  I took a lot of cool architectural shots, but most are pretty lacking in color--something I feel like we need for this kind of challenge.  I thought this art nouveau mural would be fun and full of colors and interesting motifs.  

This was just one of the lovely buildings we saw on our trip in August.  (I swear, one day I'm going to get my pictures off my phone!  Until then, I highly encourage you to check out my husbands blog chronicling our journey.  Here's a link to the first post for Beerploma HERE!)  I love this inspiration photo but really didn't have much in my art bead stash that really worked for it.  Luckily for me Anne Gardanne of Gardanne Beads had a show recently and I snagged not one but two things that ended up being perfect!  (Full disclosure, I bought WAY more than these two things.)

First up I made a pair of earrings with some decal pieces that had a great floral motif.  The colors are more pastel than the inspiration but I think they fit the inspiration.  I paired Anne's lovely enamel work with some faceted prehnite rounds and some tiny pink Czech glass flowers topped with green crystals.


I'm so amazingly happy with the necklace that I made with the cool semi-circle pendant that I snapped up.  Both the colors and the floral/leafy pattern are just perfect, if I do say so myself!  I made links with Czech glass and some dumortierite rounds and finished things off with a pretty brass clasp with a small glass rondelle decorating the toggle side.







get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. This month is just flying by indeed! Your pieces from Anne were absolutely perfect for this challenge. How serendipitous!? Those earrings especially are reminiscent of the mural. Beautiful job, and thanks to both of you for pushing me to think out of the box once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your pieces are perfect. The drops of the earrings almost look to me like they were lifted right off the inspiration design because the shapes are so spot on. This inspiration photo is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete