Friday, September 28, 2018

Allegory Gallery Ancient Kingdom Challenge


I really wasn't thinking about the timing for the reveal for the latest Allegory Gallery design challenge kit when I bought it... thus me being a day late to the reveal.  I'm fairly impressed that I managed to get anything done with how busy I've been this past month.  I'll admit that part of the deciding factor in grabbing this kit was the added surprise Andrew and William offered if you bought the kit early.  :)

The first thing I made was a necklace featuring the "bonus" pendant.  Unlike many of my friends, I'm not usually a big fan of components with eye motifs, but this one with it's henna-like patterns spoke to me.  I used one of the rough amethyst beads to give the pendant a little more physical weight and then chose a selection of beads from the kit to create bead links.  I picked out the vintage plastic, plated hematite, and small purple rounds (I'm unsure what material those are) adding some small Czech glass and plated hematite beads.  It's hard to tell in this picture (darn you, crappy lighting!) but I love the cream and purple swirl to the vintage plastic beads.  They are fun and lightweight!


Since I usually have a bunch of the luxury seed bead blends left over from the Allegory Gallery kits, I decided to be proactive on that front and do a little memory wire bracelet with some of the smaller beads.  Other than the wire, all I added to the kit's contents were a couple of little beads and a brass star charm for some dangles on the ends of the bracelet.  The brass colored memory wire I used is a bit smaller than the normal wire I've used so this is certainly for an individual with a more petite wrist!


With all those little purple rounds in the bead blend, I thought that this would be a good time to make a little multi-strand bracelet based on Lorelie Eurto's design.  I had a ceramic lentil from Golem Design Studio in purples, pink, and white that worked with them so I built the design out from there.  I added a large hole vintage lucite beads as well as a faceted purple crazy lace agate bead.  I used the pale purple seed beads from the kit as well as some of the larger seed beads from the blend as spacers on three of the strands.  I mixed some Czech glass beads and etched seed beads to round things out.  I thought about using the waxed linen from the kit, but decided that a darker purple looked better with my collection of beads.


Lastly, I whipped up a little pair of earrings to wrap things up for now.  I chose the pair of vintage plastic teardrops and more of the little purple rounds to go with some gold plated coins and crystal rondelles.  


Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to this week!  Enjoy your weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment