Friday, August 17, 2018

We're All Ears: August 2018: Circles

This month Erin picked a bevy of cool circle-inspired patterns from a contest over on Spoonflower in July.  If you don't know Spoonflower, it's a super cool website where you can get thousands of patterns on fabric, wallpaper, giftwrap, and more!  You can even upload your own designs/patterns to print.  If I were a quilter or sewer, this would be a crazy dangerous place for me!  Anyway... the top 10 winners of their July "Circles are the New Triangles" challenge gave us a ton to be inspired by!  You can see the patterns up close HERE.


I wasn't sure that I'd have time to make anything this month with some serious travel on the August docket, but I managed to squeeze in a little creating time in between gathering essentials, doing laundry, and deciding what to pack for a 16 day trip.  I have to admit that I looked for circle-inspired beads first and then looked to see if they worked with any of the Spoonflower designs.


First up, some I found some little corrugated, enameled circles from Blue Hare Art Wear that worked with the top right option.  They are a little more red than in the design, but they do have an orange tinge to them.  I used denim ???  and carnelian rounds with a little swirl of wire wrapped around the top beads for fun.


For my second pair, I grabbed some fine pewter charms from Green Girl Studios that have some great circle patterns all over them that reminded me of the mandala-esque patterns in the second from the left design on the bottom row.  Once again, I chose only round beads to complement the charms... picking some aquamarine and very pale faceted rose quartz.

This is a blog hop... stop by the Earrings Everyday blog HERE to see what everyone else was inspired to make!  To those of you participating, my apologies, but I probably won't be able to hop and comment until we get back from our trip!


6 comments:

  1. I think that the first pair looks great and matches the print very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job in a limited time frame. And, that first pair matches the inspiration perfectly! I was wondering why you weren't having a challenge of your own this month (unless I missed it), but a vacation away sounds like a great excuse! ;) HAVE FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely earrings! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both of these. Creative and very pretty representations of the inspiration. And so organized to have posted this while traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, especially the first pair. Wishing you a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really packed a lot into your time, Miss Sarajo! I know you were destined for your fab trip...maybe these got packed for that European adventure?! I love those little corrugated disks. Thanks for finding the time to play along in the We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete