Monday, May 21, 2018

Honey Do List May 2018

This marks the third year that my husband Eric has been giving me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... it's the Honey Do List 2018!  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm hoping folks will continue to play along with us!  

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


Sj and I took a whistle-stop tour of the Denver/Boulder area this spring and visited the Garden Of The Gods while there. I loved the textures and variance of the types of stone in the area and thought it would be fun to use one of these shots for this month's challenge.  And go!

I have to admit that I wasn't immediately inspired in the jewelry department by this photo.  (Sorry, Sweetie!!)  But after mulling it over for a while, I thought that it made sense to make the rock the star this month.  I went to my stash of gemstone pairs to see if any of them might work... and, voila, I found just what I needed to get my design process rolling!

Two pairs of Owyhee Jasper teardrops that Eric picked out for me at Bead & Button two years ago made their way onto my bead board.  I ended up doing pretty much the same messy wire wrapping with both pairs but just using different seed bead mixes as embellishments.  I'm pretty happy with the result and I'm wishing we had of grabbed more of this shape.  Next time!






get the InLinkz code


7 comments:

  1. I think these are the most beautiful jasper beads I have ever seen in a design, perfect for the inspiration! Love the messy wire wrapping and the seed beads, I should use more of this style in my designs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was difficult inspiration, but I think I needed it to get my butt in gear.
    Your earrings are awesome. That shape of the beads is divine! And, I like how you added the accent beads to the wrap for an extra pop of texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarajo, Acck! Is today the only day we can post and participate? I started a project and was thinking your challenge was at the end of the month too. Please advise?
    I love your stones, they are perfect for this inspiration.
    Alysen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alysen, I leave the current link up active until it's time for the next month's... so you've got until June 24th. I hope you'll join us!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I'll get something up by the end of the month!
      Thank You Sarajo

      Delete
  4. Yay, Voila! Hi Sarajo ... I finally added my InLinkz link. Didn't know it was a whole sign-up thingie ... anyhow, managed to get it together. Hope it's right!! Instead of 'me', I needed to use our biz blog info because that's where the link goes.
    Alysen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! Thanks for deciding to play along! I don't think you should need to sign up... should be able to just add your blog address for the link up. Sorry if you had trouble with it!

      Delete