Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Inspiration in Everyday: May 2017: Apple Blossoms

This month I'm playing along again with a design challenge from a new group on Facebook called Inspiration in Everyday.  The group has been created as a means to share the everyday things we take inspiration from to use in jewelry.  The idea is pretty simple... find something that inspires you to create beads, components, or jewelry, take a photo of it, create something based on that inspiration, and share in the group!  There is an art bead focus to the group and each creation shared should include at least one handmade art bead or component.

This past weekend, Eric and I went on some afternoon wanderings to try out a new local cider maker's tap room as well his new camera.  After a lovely and relaxing sojourn on the deck outside of Number 12 Ciderhouse in Buffalo, Minnesota, we took some time to explore the lovely grounds.  (Their taproom is located at the back of the building at Deer Lake Orchard... and if you like cider you should seriously check it out!)  While Eric was busy putting his brand spanking new camera through it's paces, I snapped a few pictures with my trusty iPhone.

Zestar Apple Blossoms at Deer Lake Orchard, Buffalo, MN

Not quite true to all the colors in my photo, I couldn't resist making something with these sweet copper flower charms by Patricia Healey.  I have to give Eric credit for picking out the Czech glass rondelles for the design.  They are in a color that Lima Beads appropriately called Pumpkin Sky, but I don't think they carry them any more.  I added in some little blue agate rounds nestled into copper plated bead caps to complete this design.


I have an idea for a necklace inspired by this photo too, but it has a vintage pendant that may not be considered an art bead.  I've got a few other things lined up that have more pressing deadlines, but I'll make sure to share if I circle back to the necklace idea!

4 comments:

  1. Sj Designs Jewelry-Inspiration in Everyday
    vintage pendant,inspired by nature.
    nice try.!
    good luck for rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented lady!!! You must have a house full of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These earrings are perfect, and Eric has a good eye picking out the Czech glass. I never would have thought of bringing in the blue!

    ReplyDelete