Thursday, February 16, 2017

We're All Ears: February 2017

This month's We're All Ears challenge on the Earrings Everyday blog is all about patchwork!

patch·work
ˈpaCHˌwərk/
noun
  1. needlework in which small pieces of cloth in different designs, colors, or textures are sewn together.
    "a quilt of patchwork"
In Erin's words:
"So the theme this month is PATCHWORK...melange....potpourri...mishmash...jumble...hodgepodge...and my favorite...bricolage" 

Pam Beal

As I've mentioned before, I was more than a little crunched for time this month.  The challenge didn't immediately spark anything for me, but I kept working on things in the back of my mind.  My thoughts eventually went to some millefiori glass coin beads that I've had in my stash for quite a while.

I was able to come up with a few well matched pairs from the strand of millefiori beads and kept it simple by just making variations of the same design.  I just added some small Czech glass (and in one case, crystal) beads and brass components.  I hope you enjoy my little trio of earrings!




Stop by the Earrings Everyday blog HERE to see what everyone else came up with this month!


5 comments:

  1. I love how these turned out! What fun! As always, I love your designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your earrings are very pretty! It was a good idea to use these millefiori beads!

    I participated too and made earrings with handmade fimo components: http://sofiecreates.blogspot.be/2017/02/earrings365-day-36-were-all-ears.html

    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beads you used are perfect for this challenge. I live the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took a fun route to the patchwork challenge. Sweet little earrings resulted
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those millefiori beads are just right for this challenge aren't they? And I like the simplicity -- the beads speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete