Sunday, September 15, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge - Weeks 35 & 36


Where does the time go?  I mean, other than away!  I can't believe that it's already mid-September and the air is finally taking on that lovely fall crispness in Minnesota.  Once again it's time for the latest installment in the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge.  Participants are challenged with making one new pair of earrings each week that feature artisan made components.


This week I'm featuring two pairs of earrings featuring enameled copper components from C-Koop Beads.  Once again, I'm guilty of having quite a few C-Koop items that have been languishing in my bead stash for way too long... so this week helps make a little dent.

First up I started with a cute little rectangle charm pair with a cool matte gold finish to them.  I think these got stuck in my stash because I don't really do much with gold tones.  I paired them with copper plated components from Nunn Design, copper earwires, and some olive green shell pearl beads.  I love the way the green pearls pull some green from the charms.



My second pair is a little more dainty with small blue and lime green circular charms.  This time I went for Vintaj natural brass and a little bright green Czech glass.


3 comments:

  1. They are both pretty but I am taken with the enameled pair, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs and I love the contrast between the soft colours of the first and the bright pop of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful matte finish on the first pairs charms-the perfect combination of colors! The second pair is adorable!

    ReplyDelete