I wanted to do something a little different or unusual above the main pendant (I tend to do a lot of designs where I attach the chain off of a jump ring of some sort) so I decided to try riveting the two Arte Metal flower pieces together. It was a little tricky since the little flower drops have so much texture to them and aren't even, but I made it work. I distressed the surface a slightly to get the silver color to shine through on the high points and then did a little touch up job with black paint to disguise the rivet. Here is a before paint picture... it worked pretty well, if I don't say so myself!
This isn't one of the more elaborate designs I've done, but I'm happy with the relative simplicity. It has great pops of color with the various purples that make me think more of the fruit of a plum tree than the blossoms. I'm so over Minnesotan winter, and I hope that I will get to see some real, live blooms soon. For now, I'll have to be content with flowers in my jewelry designs!
Lots of folks entered the challenge this month so competition will be fierce. If you want to see all the designs and vote CLICK HERE. Mine is number 14 this month...I hope you'll consider voting for me!